Saturday 27 February 2010

Killer Whale Kills. Imagine That...

I heard on the news this morning that an employee at SeaWorld had been offed by one of the whales. If you ask me, it's about time.

I don't mean that in a harsh way - it is, afterall, a complete and utter tragedy - but I must admit that it would certainly make for an eventful day out. I mean, what's the alternative? Some namby-pamby dolphins dancing for a bunch of slack-jawed 8 year old bogey munchers? Boooooring. I'd much rather see some action!

There also seems to be a lot of confusion as to what to do with the whale. Some want to put it to death, some want to give it a fair trial, the Japanese want to harpoon it and a young Jason James Richter shouts "Let's free Willy!".

The thing that baffles me the most though is the shock people have expressed. "Gadzooks! A person killed by a whale at SeaWorld?! What is the world coming to?!".

Put it this way - if someone advertised their car as a fast car, I would expect it to be fast and if they told me that their girlfriend was a beautiful woman I would certainly expect that she would indeed be beautiful. Similarly, if someone says that this animal is a "killer whale"... I'll assume you can do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment